Head of Bioinformatics
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, Fantastic Career Opportunities
Head of Bioinformatics: Cambridge
My client is a pioneering Biotech company involved in the exploration of microbiomes for treatments related to areas such as Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis.
As a result of the progression to clinical trials, expansion is planned and as part of this a candidate for the role of Head of Bioinformatics is being sought.
Driven by landmark clinical studies of multiple cancers such as renal cancer, non-small cell lung cancer and melanoma amongst others, the client has an ongoing commitment to microbiome research and development in immuno-oncology. Further to this, through collaborations with public and private institutions, they are making a real difference in the Biotech world and are known as leaders in cancer microbiome space.
What does the Role entail?
* Lead the Bioinformatics team and provide strategic leadership. The overarching aim is to translate the potential of the microbiome to deliver benefits to patients
* Together with the team, identify microbial signatures from large clinical datasets across a variety of human diseases and therein establish novel programmes which deliver live bacterial therapeutics and biomarkers
* Maintain/project the company’s competitive position in microbiome bioinformatics and lead the analysis of key microbiome datasets
* Continue to enhance the company’s world-leading microbiome profiling/taxonomic classification platform and downstream analytical/machine learning (ML) capabilities
* Help lead the expansion into other areas such as functional analytics and other additional new areas of relevance
* An excellent people manager to lead and develop the team
* Advanced scientific ability in Bioinformatics, Genomics and Microbiology
* Expertise in microbiome analysis, including characterization and functional genomics
* Experience of analysing clinical studies and/or large genomic datasets, including interpreting and integrating different omics datasets
* Established ability in development and implementing bioinformatic capabilities and pipelines
* An understanding of the link between bioinformatics and experimental biology/drug discovery and development
* Experience in biostatistics
* Experience in biomarker discovery from large datasets
* Experience in coding (Python, R, or other)
What can you Expect?
* A competitive starting salary
* Flexibility in working hours as much as possible
* Pension contributions
* Life & Health insurance
* 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Pathways for career progression
* Ongoing commitment to training
Please select your CV