top of page
Senior Back-End Support Developer
Competitive Salary, Lots of Flexibility
Senior Back-End Support Developer: Remote-First
My client is a leader in the ‘Tech for Good’ space. They are a multi-award-winning agency whose mission statement is to develop technology for Societal good.
As part of their ambitious growth plans, they are seeking a Senior Back-End Developer to work in the support team.
For years now the company has championed a remote-first policy. This means that people can choose a work/life balance that suits them best. For some this is full remote and other’s part remote. The important thing is that they take care of people first and have a company ethos which is built around this value.
If you are Senior Back-End Developer seeking a new challenge and want to work in a genuinely good company and be part of a mission to use technology for the greater good, this is the place for you!
About the role;
Working as part of a team, you’ll be using your skills to help solve problems that actually matter, not just serving customers. You’ll ideally have worked in project teams and will relish working in an agency environment and solving a range of problems for a diverse set of clients.
Example projects include but are not limited to: - a chatbot to provide support for at risk young people; an app that helps carers and parents of children with serious illnesses; and a web-based peer-to-peer platform which enables those in need to apply for the benefits they need.
* Working closely with the Support Manager to ensure timely resolution to tickets raised via Service Desk
* Communicating clearly with clients to ensure support issues can be resolved
* Supporting websites and webapps for charity clients
* Contribution to the continuous development of tools, process and culture
This role would be well-suited to an #39&all-rounder#39&, but listed below are some of the areas that it is felt are particularly important to the role. You don#39&t need to have experience of all of these, but they should help give you a picture of the work you#39&d be doing.
Please note that the client is open to a range of candidates in terms of experience for this role, the key details are listed below
What success looks like for this role;
* Understand the wider context of the problems they are solving
* Can identify and troubleshoot back-end problems efficiently
* Ability to handle multiple ticket priorities within strict time constraints
* Delighting clients with great, simple, technology solutions
* Unit, integration and end to end testing, peer review
* Estimating work from specifications
* API work & setting up databases
* WordPress and Headless (desirable)
• Self-awareness and empathy
• Open to Learning
• High level of emotional intelligence
My client is proud to offer a wide range of excellent benefits including:
• Flexible working hours – choose the hours that suit you
• A choice to opt in to the 9-day fortnight scheme: which means you compress your working fortnight into 9 days instead of 10, giving you every other Friday off – an extra 26 days per year!
• Enhanced maternity / paternity leave package
• 28 days holiday and the ability to purchase up to 5 more days through a salary sacrifice scheme
• Paid sick, emergency and compassionate leave
• Company pension
• Paid volunteering leave
• Childcare vouchers
• Eye care vouchers
• Access to training, materials and the ability to attend conferences and networking events where relevant
• Staff perks package offering money off high street and online shopping, technology, motoring, travel, food, experiences and attractions
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page