top of page
Information Systems and Applications Development Manager
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits
Information Systems & Application Development Manager / Senior Developer
+ Join an interesting, research led organisation
+ Immediate start option possible
+ Competitive Salary
+ Good Benefits
About the Company;
Based in Norwich, they partner with leading international and UK Scientific establishments to provide non-scientific services which support the Scientific efforts of the companies they partner with. The result is that life-changing Scientific breakthroughs are enabled and results that impact the real world are delivered.
The company currently employs around 150 people and the hiring for an Information Systems & Application Development Manager is for the busy Computing department.
About the Role;
You#39&ll be leading a small team and will enjoy a varied day-to-day working life. This a predominantly hands-on development role but you’ll be using your experience to help guide others in the team. Broadly speaking, you can expect to spend your time:-
* Supporting and developing existing software systems and database
* Defining standards and maintaining industry best practices
* Project Manage and Lead application upgrades. E.g., Finance Systems, HR Systems and the Datawarehouse
* Coding applications and database design
* Managing / Supervising other members of the team. Therein, providing expertise and guidance in the areas application development and database design
Experience / Skills sought;
* Experience in SQL Database design, implementation and administration
* The ability to define and implement best practice industry standards
* Experience in the project management of software projects
* GIT version control
* Experience programming HR and/or Finance systems
* Classic ASP
* Experience in leading / mentoring
What#39&s on Offer;
You can expect a competitive salary, in the region of £50,000 per year. In addition, you#39&ll receive good benefits, access to a range of free-to-use onsite facilities, including a swimming pool, gym, football pitches and tennis courts and free parking. And you#39&ll also get very generous pension contributions, generous holidays (25 days, rising to 27), opportunities for training and strong career progression prospects.
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page