Programmer - Platform Informatics
***Please note, this client is still actively recruiting and onboarding remotely***
My client is a specialist biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, focusing on diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases, including infections, autoimmune disorders, and cancer.
Their novel, class-leading platform enables precise and large-scale identification of gut bacteria associated with health or disease, enabling the design of novel medicines and biomarkers based on live bacteria. The company has a pipeline of live bacterial products for C. Difficile, ulcerative colitis, and cancer, which will be progressed to the clinic.
Due to a fantastic period of growth and expansion, they are now looking to bring in a bioinformatics programmer to join their Platform Informatics team.
The successful candidate will be involved in the development and operation of their software platform: building and running data analysis pipelines, translating R&D analysis methods into production and developing data tracking systems and interfaces.
What will you do?
• Write and run production pipelines in a cloud compute environment
• Integrate company technology and systems from lab to cloud
• Evaluate and implement new tools and technologies as appropriate to improve and extend our platform capabilities
• Collaborate in multi-disciplinary projects to ensure informatics provision for therapeutic discovery and development
What do you need?
• Degree in Bioinformatics or Computer Science
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience with software development best practices, including version control and testing
• Familiarity with Linux and the command line
• Flexibility to work in a young and dynamic company
Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK
Max File Size 15MB