Highly Competitive, Great Beneifts
Laboratory Stores Technician: West Yorkshire
An exciting biotechnology company with offices in West Yorkshire, near Leeds, are actively seeking to expand. As part of this recruitment-drive they are seeking a Laboratory Stores Technician.
To support the Unit 20 and Unit 651 laboratories by managing and organizing the receipt of
materials required for R&D and Production. You’ll be working across the business
facilitating timely supply of stock to the production and R&D departments whilst maintaining the
stores facilities and be a key user of the stock software. This role will involve supplier price
negotiations for a variety of stock items and dealing with supplier account managers. All work is
to be carried out adhering to health and safety requirements and quality standards.
What You’ll do;
*Maintaining and developing Goods in and Goods Out process and procedures to fit with
the quality standards.
*Receiving, checking, moving and storing of all incoming goods.
* Unloading products as they are received and storing them appropriately using the
* Management of delivery notes and invoices through to the Business Support team in a
* Accurately inputting stock data information into LIMS (Laboratory Information
* Manage stock requests, minimum stock levels and general stock management via LIMS.
* Complete periodic stock takes, review variances and correct the LIMS stock holding
* Selecting space for storage and safely arranging goods maintaining tidy and clean stores
* Managing delivery of internal stock items to the labs as required.
* Liaising with Senior Scientists, and others, to inform timelines for receipt of stock.
* Interacting with suppliers to negotiate pricing and delivery timelines.
* Manage and coordinate all waste facilities and waste for disposal.
* Experience of handling chemical and biological items would be a big advantage
* ’Goods in or Goods Out’ experience
* Energetic and willing to offer up ideas
* Accurate data entry skills including the use of an IT stock system
* Ability to conform to quality standards
* Professional telephone and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a close multidisciplinary team
* Strong organisational skills
* Ability to prioritise work load
* Experience in MS Excel
* Ability to learn new processes quickly
What’s on Offer;
You’ll get a competitive salary, excellent benefits and regular opportunities for further career progression. Moreover, you’ll receive training and will enjoy other perks such as free parking, annual performance related share awards.
Max File Size 15MB