top of page
Development Team Lead
Competitve Salary, Hybrid, Good Benefits
PHP Development Team Leader: Hybrid / Reading area
+ Highly competitive starting salary
+ Excellent career prospects
+ Friendly, progressive company
+ Immediate start option available if desired
As a result of continued ambition, expansion and demand, my client based in Reading are looking to expand their software development function. A requirement is open for a PHP Development Team Lead to join this leading supplier of Education and Training Technology.
About the company;
Founded over 10 years ago, they are a leading supplier of education and training technology, with a particular focus on the procurement and supply chain sectors. Their online practical-based education platforms add huge value to companies and individuals all over the world. They do this through creating unique, high-impact and personalized learning journeys created to improve core skills needed in supply chain and procurement roles – efficiency, resourcefulness, and overall performance.
About the role;
You#39&ll be responsible for leading a remote and on-site team in the design, development, and maintenance of a cutting-edge SaaS learning platform. Your expertise in Agile methodologies, PHP Laravel, and remote team management will be crucial in driving the success of development projects and ensuring the platform#39&s continuous improvement.
This opportunity is ideal for individuals ready to transition from a senior developer role to a Team Lead position. The VP of Technology and CTO will provide direct support and mentorship to guide your career advancement within this role.
While specific experience is valuable, the right attitude and your innate potential will be seen as essential ingredients for success in this role.
* Lead, mentor, and manage a team of developers, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture
* Oversee the entire software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to deployment and maintenance
* Help in the creation and maintenance of the product’s ‘live’ roadmap
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement high-quality software solutions
* Drive Agile practices within the team, promoting regular sprints, retrospectives, and continuous improvement
* Utilize your in-depth knowledge of PHP Laravel to guide the team in writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
* Manage and optimize development processes to ensure timely delivery of high-quality
* Provide technical leadership, architectural guidance, and mentorship to team members
* Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality, consistency, and security
* Keeping up-to-date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices. The development team are encouraged to have a proactive approach to learning and in turn this will drive innovation within the team, which will see you contribute to the evolution of the development processes
* Proven experience as a Team Lead or Senior Developer in a SaaS or software
* Demonstrable experience as a PHP Developer, with a focus on the Laravel framework
* Track record of working within an agile development environment, with familiarity in Scrum or similar methodologies
* Solid understanding of software design principles, patterns, and architectural best
* Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
* Ideally previous experience working with remote development teams, fostering collaboration
and effective communication
You#39&ll receive a highly competitive starting salary (circa £65k - £75k depending on experience) and will benefit from regular opportunities for career progression. In addition, you#39&ll have the opportunity to explore new technologies and become trained in them.
The company are based in Reading and have adopted a Hybrid working model. You#39&ll also receive a company pension and a generous holiday allowance. As importantly, you#39&ll be joining a genuinely friendly company which places people at the heart of their operations.
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page