top of page
Laboratory Manager: Bedford
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, Opportunities to Progress
Laboratory Manager: Bedford
* Join a world-leading company
* Interesting work in a great environment
* Regular Opportunities for progression
* Immediate start available if desired
My client - a global environment chemistry company - is actively seeking a Laboratory Manager This role promises to be interesting, engaging and high in job satisfaction.
The position is based out of state-of-the-art Laboratory facilities in Bedford.
The lab is a large, modern and purpose built, accommodating over 60 staff. It is equipped with high specification LCMS/MS and GCMS/MS instrumentation and automated sample preparation robotics, delivering emerging contaminant analysis at trace levels in water, food, environmental and biological matrices.
Overall, the company has 3 laboratories and hold ISO 17025, MCERTs accreditation. They are GLP compliant across a wide range of testing capabilities and are a market leader in the field of trace organic analysis and emerging contaminants.
As the Laboratory Manager, you’ll be responsible for the daily management of an expanding fast paced laboratory and will be reporting directly to the Operational Director. Your primary focus will be ensuring all laboratory activities are carried out in a manner that complies with ISO/IEC 17025.
Working as part of a team, you#39&ll be engaged in the following activities:-
* Ensuring Quality, Health and Safety and environmental standards are maintained and training targets are met
* Ensure that the laboratory is appropriately resourced (personnel and equipment) to enable targets to be achieved
* Work closely with the staff and senior team to ensure turn-around times are met and projects are delivered to agreed time and budget
* Continuously improve/develop systems to improve effectiveness and efficiencies of the laboratory in conjunction with the senior management team
* Ensure staff development plans, objective setting and appraisals are carried out for all laboratory staff
* Communicate knowledgably with both customers and potential customers, verbally and in writing where applicable and assist in responding to technical queries
* Drive new method development and validations in line with ISO/IEC17025 and MCERTs
* Contribute to the planning for future laboratory business development. Reporting KPI’s (Health and Safety, Quality and Operational)
Experience / Knowledge sought;
* BSc in Chemistry or similar scientific subject
* ISO/IEC17025 knowledge with proven track record of method development and validation
* Experience in managing an accredited ISO/IEC 17025 chemistry laboratory
* Working knowledge and experience of techniques including GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-OES, GC-FID, HS-GC-FID, HPLC, IC
* Good attention to detail and an analytical mindset with the ability to solve complex problems.
* The ability to communicate effectively up to up to senior management level and be able to achieve demanding targets and deadlines with minimal supervision
* Strong organisational skills and the ability to follow projects through to completion, working as part of a professional multidisciplined team
* Thorough understanding of all Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and the ability to use other software such as laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
What#39&s on offer;
Working as part of this world-leading company, you can expect a competitive starting salary and regular opportunities for progression - including pay rises at least once per year. In addition, you can expect generous holidays, pension contributions and a range of benefits designed to maximse your health and wellbeing.
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page