Process Development Group Leader
***Still actively recruiting, and interviewing***
My client is an industry leading biopharmaceutical company transforming personalised medicine with leading microbiome science.
In just two years, the company has established itself as an industry leader, having won four awards and recently signed a strategic multi-year deal with a US based biotech to discover novel biomarkers, targets and medicines in inflammatory bowel disease.
They are now looking for a driven, organised and proactive individual to lead the Fermentation group in the Preclinical Development Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for in-house fermentation of multiple anaerobic gut bacteria that comprise the medicine, characterising and optimising their growth and providing support for upstream and downstream method development and optimisation.
What you will do
• Leading a small team, develop fermentation processes to produce live bacterial therapeutics comprising multiple bacterial strains
• Performing anaerobic fermentation of bacteria from microtiter plates to small fermenters
• Optimising media for growth of physiologically diverse bacteria
• Supporting process transfer to CDMOs
What you will need
• PhD in a relevant discipline
• 5 years post-doctoral experience in a bioprocess development environment with in-depth bacteria knowledge
• Experience of optimising biotech processes and methodologies
• Ability to rigorously plan and accurately document research activities
What you will get
• State of the art facilities
• Highly competitive salary
• Competitive Benefits Package
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to play a key role in building a young biotech company and to contribute to the development of a new class of medicines.
Get in touch today to ensure that you don’t miss out!
Max File Size 15MB