top of page
Competitive Salary, Good Benefits, Hybrid Working
PHP Developer: Hybrid / Reading area
+ Highly competitive starting salary
+ Excellent career prospects
+ Friendly, progressive company
+ Immediate start option available if desired
As a result of continued ambition, expansion and demand, my client based in Reading are looking to expand their software development function. A requirement is open for a PHP Developer to join this leading supplier of Education and Training Technology.
About the company;
Founded over 10 years ago, they are a leading supplier of education and training technology, with a particular focus on the procurement and supply chain sectors. Their online practical-based education platforms add huge value to companies and individuals all over the world. They do this through creating unique, high-impact and personalized learning journeys created to improve core skills needed in supply chain and procurement roles – efficiency, resourcefulness, and overall performance.
About the role;
Working as part of a team, you#39&ll be developing web applications, such as the company#39&s innovating training platform which delivers training to thousands of learners every day. Broadly speaking, you and the team, will be working to propel the platform forward with new features and functionality.
As a valued member of the development team, you#39&ll collaborate closely with cross-functional departments to architect, create, and launch software solutions that leave a lasting mark.
* Developing and maintaining web applications using PHP and the Laravel framework. You#39&ll be using your in-depth expertise in PHP and the Laravel framework to create robust and scalable web applications
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement high-quality software solutions
* Participating in the entire software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing and deployment
* Writing clean, maintainable, and efficient code while adhering to coding standards and best practices. Uphold coding standards and best practices, producing clean, maintainable, and efficient code; your attention to detail and commitment to code quality will contribute to the overall stability and maintainability of our software
* Optimizing application performance and ensuring scalability
* Troubleshooting and debugging issues to ensure seamless functionality
* Working in an agile environment, participating in sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
* Keeping up-to-date with industry trends, technologies, and best practices. The development team are encouraged to have a proactive approach to learning and in turn this will drive innovation within the team, which will see you contribute to the evolution of the development processes
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of development processes and methodologies
* Assisting in the integration of third-party APIs and SaaS platforms
* Demonstrable experience as a PHP Developer, with a focus on the Laravel framework
* Proven track record of working within an agile development environment, with familiarity in Scrum or similar methodologies.
* An understanding of SaaS platforms and the ability to integrate them effectively
* Solid database skills, including experience with SQL databases (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL)
* Familiarity with version control systems, preferably Git
* Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
* Effective communication skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team
* A positive attitude toward learning and adapting to new technologies
** Bonus points for knowledge of front-end technologies and frameworks (Vue.js, React, etc.)
You#39&ll receive a highly competitive starting salary (circa £55,000 depending on experience) and will benefit from regular opportunities for career progression. In addition, you#39&ll have the opportunity to explore new technologies and become trained in them.
The company are based in Reading and have adopted a Hybrid working model. You#39&ll also receive a company pension and a generous holiday allowance. As importantly, you#39&ll be joining a genuinely friendly company which places people at the heart of their operations.
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page