**Please note, this client is still actively recruiting and onboarding remotely***
My client is a specialist biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases, including infections, autoimmune disorders, and cancer.
Their novel, class-leading platform enables precise and large-scale identification of gut bacteria associated with health or disease, enabling the design of novel medicines and biomarkers based on live bacteria.
The company has a pipeline of live bacterial products for C. Difficile, ulcerative colitis, and cancer, which will be progressed to the clinic. They’ve also recently signed a collaboration to develop microbiome co-therapeutics and biomarkers for cancer patients receiving checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
Having recently moved, they are now looking for an organised Laboratory Manager to join the Laboratory Operations team., working closely with the Facilities Manager and Key Operations Leaders.
What will you do?
• The coordination of the lab requirements of all research and development teams to ensure optimum use of space and equipment
• The supervision of a small team responsible for the delivery of all lab requirements, enabling a fully functional lab for the research scientists
• The supervision of lab operations within the company, being the main point of contact and liaison with external suppliers/contractors as required
• Compliance with, and enforcement of, all laboratory health and safety regulations
What do you need?
• Science-related degree, or extensive relevant scientific experience,
• NEBOSH certificate or similar Health and Safety qualification, or extensive relevant experience of Health and Safety Management- Fire and First Aid training
• Previous work experience in a CL2 laboratory
• Biological Safety containment; anaerobic and tissue culture
• Experience with gases and liquid nitrogen
• Media preparation
• Line management experience
They offer competitive salaries, and benefits coupled with a friendly working environment it’s an exciting time to join a fast-growing biotech. If your hungry for a new challenging and are passionate about novel medicines, then get in touch ASAP!
Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK
**Please note, this client is still interviewing, and onboarding remotely**
Max File Size 15MB