Senior Programmer - Platform Informatics
***Please note, this client is still actively recruiting and onboarding remotely***
My client is a specialist biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, focusing on diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases, including infections, autoimmune disorders, and cancer.
Their novel, class-leading platform enables precise and large-scale identification of gut bacteria associated with health or disease, enabling the design of novel medicines and biomarkers based on live bacteria. The company has a pipeline of live bacterial products for C. Difficile, ulcerative colitis, and cancer, which will be progressed to the clinic.
Due to a fantastic period of growth and expansion, they are now looking to bring in a motivated and experienced programmer/ developer to join our Platform Informatics team.
The successful candidate will be involved in the technical development of all aspects of the companies platform: from building and running data analysis pipelines, translating R&D analysis methods into production and developing data tracking systems, through to improving and extending cloud infrastructure, and providing data and information solutions across the company.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative individual to play a key role in building a young biotech company and to contribute to the development of a new class of medicines.
What will you do?
• Design and develop the company informatics infrastructure
• Implement production pipelines in a cloud compute environment
• Develop and enhance the central data tracking system
• Optimise and streamline production pipelines and processes
• Integrate company technology and systems from lab to cloud
• Evaluate and implement new tools and technologies as appropriate to improve and extend our platform capabilities
What do you need?
• PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable experience of working in a production informatics environment
• Proficiency in Python
• Experience of software development best practices, including version control and testing
• Fluency in Linux
• Good communication and presentation skills
Candidates should be legally entitled to work in the UK
Max File Size 15MB