top of page
Associate Direcotr Translational Biology
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, High Profile Role
Associate Director, Translational Biology (In Vivo) Cambridge
My client is a pioneering Biotech company involved in the exploration of microbiomes for treatments related to areas such as Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis.
As a result of the progression to clinical trials, expansion is planned and as part of this a candidate for a new Associate Director in Translational Biology is being recruited for.
The client’s current therapeutic focus is centered on Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis. Excitingly, 2 assets are being progressed into clinical trials, whilst novel programmes are being progressed in Gut Epithelial Repair and in new indications; through analysis of clinical datasets. Further to this, through collaborations with public and private institutions, they are making a real difference in the Biotech world and are known as leaders in cancer microbiome space (melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer and renal cancer for instance).
What does the role entail?
* Lead the in vivo biology capability in the company team and provide strategic leadership, focused on in vivo pharmacology and disease models - the successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to a new class of medicines
* Manage, mentor and develop team members
* Take responsibility for the development and running of animal models of disease for the evaluation of live bacterial medicines in the portfolio – this will be supporting the lead programmes in immuno-oncology and ulcerative colitis and developing new therapeutic areas such as autoimmunity and metabolic diseases
* Establish novel models of host and microbiome biology relevant to human disease, with a focus on autoimmunity, IBD and immune-oncology
* Validate biological models through comparison to clinical data using translational biomarkers and germ-free mice with humanised microbiota
* Develop endpoint analysis, including ex vivo profiling
* Hold Project License and work with external provider to manage the in vivo facility to the highest standards
* Maintain knowledge of and developments in immunology and microbiome biology
* PhD in a biological discipline, with strong experience in in vivo pharmacology; ideally within the fields of immunology/autoimmunity or immuno-oncology
* Expertise in assessing biological mechanisms in in vivo models
* An excellent people manager to lead and develop the team
* Experience and interest in establishing novel animal models of disease based on understanding of underlying biological mechanisms
* Ability to design, execute and document rigorous testing of therapeutic agents to the highest standards of quality and reproducibility, suitable for selection as development candidates and submission to regulators
* The ability to innovate in the development of novel models of human biology or disease applied to a new therapeutic modality, such as live bacterial therapeutics
* An understanding of the microbial biology and/or gastrointestinal microbiota
* Experience in host-microbiota interactions in human biology and disease
* Holder of a Personal Home Office License
* Background in industry
What can you expect?
* A competitive starting salary
* Flexibility in working hours as much as possible
* Pension contributions
* Life & Health insurance
* 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Pathways for career progression
* Ongoing commitment to training
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your CV and we will be sure to consider you. If you would like to speak to us directly then please call on 0161 236 8200.
bottom of page