Associate Direcotr Translational Biology
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, High Profile Role
Associate Director, Translational Biology (In Vivo) Cambridge
My client is a pioneering Biotech company involved in the exploration of microbiomes for treatments related to areas such as Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis.
As a result of the progression to clinical trials, expansion is planned and as part of this a candidate for a new Associate Director in Translational Biology is being recruited for.
The client’s current therapeutic focus is centered on Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis. Excitingly, 2 assets are being progressed into clinical trials, whilst novel programmes are being progressed in Gut Epithelial Repair and in new indications; through analysis of clinical datasets. Further to this, through collaborations with public and private institutions, they are making a real difference in the Biotech world and are known as leaders in cancer microbiome space (melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer and renal cancer for instance).
What does the role entail?
* Lead the in vivo biology capability in the company team and provide strategic leadership, focused on in vivo pharmacology and disease models - the successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to a new class of medicines
* Manage, mentor and develop team members
* Take responsibility for the development and running of animal models of disease for the evaluation of live bacterial medicines in the portfolio – this will be supporting the lead programmes in immuno-oncology and ulcerative colitis and developing new therapeutic areas such as autoimmunity and metabolic diseases
* Establish novel models of host and microbiome biology relevant to human disease, with a focus on autoimmunity, IBD and immune-oncology
* Validate biological models through comparison to clinical data using translational biomarkers and germ-free mice with humanised microbiota
* Develop endpoint analysis, including ex vivo profiling
* Hold Project License and work with external provider to manage the in vivo facility to the highest standards
* Maintain knowledge of and developments in immunology and microbiome biology
* PhD in a biological discipline, with strong experience in in vivo pharmacology; ideally within the fields of immunology/autoimmunity or immuno-oncology
* Expertise in assessing biological mechanisms in in vivo models
* An excellent people manager to lead and develop the team
* Experience and interest in establishing novel animal models of disease based on understanding of underlying biological mechanisms
* Ability to design, execute and document rigorous testing of therapeutic agents to the highest standards of quality and reproducibility, suitable for selection as development candidates and submission to regulators
* The ability to innovate in the development of novel models of human biology or disease applied to a new therapeutic modality, such as live bacterial therapeutics
* An understanding of the microbial biology and/or gastrointestinal microbiota
* Experience in host-microbiota interactions in human biology and disease
* Holder of a Personal Home Office License
* Background in industry
What can you expect?
* A competitive starting salary
* Flexibility in working hours as much as possible
* Pension contributions
* Life & Health insurance
* 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Pathways for career progression
* Ongoing commitment to training
Please select your CV
Apply for position