QC Analytical Senior Scientist
My client is an emerging cancer immunotherapy company developing cell-based treatments for cancer and severe viral infections. The company has a clear vision to make CAR-T mainstream therapy for eradicating cancer. They are developing safer, cheaper, consistent, and durable CAR-T drugs for haematological and solid tumours.
They are now looking for a QC Analytical Senior Scientist to join their team! They’re growing quickly, and this is an opportunity to become an integral part of their QC team. Working within Quality Control you’ll ensure the smooth introduction of new assays and processes into the Quality Control Analytical department along with routine analytical testing, while providing expert knowledge in cell biology and molecular biology to the team.
***What will you do? ***
• Perform isolation and expansion of PBMCs in culture.
• Perform cell-based assays, cell culture and verification and validation of assays to GMP standards.
• Perform complex multicolour flow cytometry immunophenotyping assays, with the ability to troubleshoot issues.
• Perform multiplex qPCR assays, with the ability to troubleshoot issues.
• Perform general cell culture and maintenance techniques for mammalian cell lines.
• Analyse intermediate and final products in full compliance with the controlled methods and procedures to GMP requirements- Assist in the control, receipt and release of raw materials and final products to GMP requirements.
• Ensure work is performed in accordance with the Company’s QA and Health and Safety policies including the provision of COSHH/BIOCOSHH/Risk assessments.
• Clear communication skills, and eye for details- They are always looking for ways to improve.
***What do you need? ***
• Degree level education in a biological science discipline.
• 5 years + relevant experience
• Experience in mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays is essential.
• Practical flow cytometry experience is essential.
• Practical experience in performing qPCR assays and molecular biology techniques is essential.
• Experience working within a GMP laboratory is desirable.
• Flexibility and enthusiasm- They’re a young company growing fast!
Coupled with a competitive salary (reviewed annually), they offer a comprehensive range of benefits and an excellent working environment.
Max File Size 15MB