Research Associate in Protein Sciences
Based in Cambridge our client is developing a range of bio-therapeutics to help meet the demand of the next generation of drugs to compete with monoclonal antibodies. Their technology is a novel protein scaffold based on a human protease inhibitor and offers key benefits such as smaller size, ease of formatting, and high expression yields.
More recently, they’ve been working on very exciting projects towards the pandemic we’re facing, COVID-19.
Due to a period of growth, they’re now looking to bring in a Research Associate, for their Protein Sciences team.
Your role in the protein team will be to express and biophysically characterise candidates generated by phage display, identify leads with good drug development properties, engineer leads with half-life extension technologies and produce high quality material for in-house characterisation.
What will you do?
• Clone, express, purify and characterise proteins for protein characterisation work, binding studies and stability testing using a range of different expression platforms (bacterial or mammalian cells)
• Maintain and establish cell lines required for protein production (E.g. HEK and CHO cell lines)
• Purify candidates with established chromatography methods using AKTA systems
• Carry out HPLC based assays to characterise protein batches produced in-house (e.g. size exclusion, reverse phase chromatography etc.)
• Carry out R&D projects to improve their platform for therapeutic development such as improving the biophysical properties of the scaffold
What do you need?
• Relevant Qualifications: A BSc/MSc with knowledge of protein biochemistry, protein engineering and development of therapeutic proteins.
• Relevant Experience: Experience of working in a lab environment, laboratory health and safety, standard molecular biology techniques, protein production and purification
• The ability to work efficiently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Coupled with fantastic benefits, the family felt team and a fast-paced innovative environment this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to become an integral member of their team.
If you’re hungry for an innovative, friendly, fast-paced environment then get in touch ASAP.
**Please note, this client is still actively recruiting, and onboarding remotely**
Max File Size 15MB