Downstream Technical Specialist
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits
Down Stream Technical Specialist: Cambridge
As a result of continued investment and demand, an exciting biotechnology company situated in Cambridge, is looking for a Down Stream Technical Specialist.
Long since established as a leader in the field of biotechnology in relation to antibacterial resistance, they have developed a unique, cutting-edge platform which is forming the basis for a new generation of antibiotics.
This role would be suitable for someone with high-level qualifications in Biological Sciences looking for a new challenge and prospects for career growth.
For candidates looking to join an upwardly mobile and ambitious Scientific business this represents an excellent opportunity.
This is a key role as part of the process development team and involves assisting with GMP activities. As a downstream technical specialist, you#39&ll be responsible for designing and executing downstream drug substance process development strategies aligned with the biologics pipeline.
* Lead the design, optimisation and execution of downstream process development for novel biological products.
* Identify, liaise and work with third parties in order to progress company activities, including the review of proposals, protocols and reports.
* Identify and support the implementation of improvement programs and process optimisation within the Process Development Team.
* Provide technical oversight during tech transfer of Downstream processes to third party CMOs.
* Provide technical training and mentoring to junior members of staff.
Experience / Knowledge Sought;
* PhD in a discipline such as Biological Science, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry
* Experience with protein purification, ideally to GMP standards.
* Experience in downstream processing of biological therapeutics within a process development / GMP environment.
The successful candidate will first and foremost be a valued part of the team and be part of a culture wherein everyone is treated equally and respectfully.
You can expect a competitive starting salary, strong benefits - including share options and private health, and regular opportunities for career progression. You’ll also receive a generous holiday allowance and ongoing training as well as regular opportunities for career progression.
Please select your CV