Competitive with Excellent Benefits
Research Scientist: Cambridge
(12-month fixed term contract (maternity cover); start November 2020)
***Still actively recruiting, and interviewing***
My client is an industry leading biopharmaceutical company transforming the personalised medicine arena.
In a short-space of time, the company has established itself as an industry leader, having won multiple awards. The work being done is of significant importance to thousands of patients and pertains toward the discover novel biomarkers, targets and medicines in inflammatory bowel disease.
A driven, organised and proactive individual with expertise in the development of live bacterial therapeutics to cover a 12-month fixed term contract is being sought. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to play a key role in building a new biotech company and to contribute to the development of a new class of medicines.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the characterisation of novel anaerobic bacteria, as well as supporting the screening of bacteria to determine their suitability for therapeutic use. The role will provide the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of scientists from different disciplines both internally and externally.
Key duties will include
* Developing and/or optimising microbiological assays to characterise novel bacterial isolates
* Developing high throughput bacterial screening assays to assess strain functionality
* Characterisation of novel bacterial isolates to assess their suitability as Live Biotherapeutic Therapeutics
* Supporting other department by lending expertise in microbiology
* Support junior members of the team by providing training and technical support
* PhD in Microbiology or a related discipline/or equivalent experience
* Proven ability to develop high throughput screening assays
* An ability to work independently
* A good sense of organisation, team work, as well as sharing know-how and expertise in a multidisciplinary environment
* An ability to design, execute and document experimental activities to a high standard
* Good communication skills and an ability to successfully manage interactions both inside and outside the company
* Experience working with anaerobic bacteria
* Industrial experience in in a drug development environment
* Experience studying bacteria physiology
Whilst this is an initial 12-month FTC, there is a strong possibility it will become permanent. The successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary, leading benefits and generous holidays. Furthermore, as a modern employer, you’ll be rewarded and recognised for your progress and will receive continued guidance and training.
Max File Size 15MB