top of page
Research Scientist Translational Biology In Vivo
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits
Research Scientist, Translational Biology, (In Vivo) Cambridge
My client is a pioneering Biotech company involved in the exploration of microbiomes for treatments related to areas such as Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis.
As a result of the progression to clinical trials, expansion is planned and as part of this a candidate for a Research Scientist in Translational Biology (In Vivo).
The client’s current therapeutic focus is centered on Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis. Excitingly, 2 assets are being progressed into clinical trials, whilst novel programmes are being progressed in Gut Epithelial Repair and in new indications; through analysis of clinical datasets. Further to this, through collaborations with public and private institutions, they are making a real difference in the Biotech world and are known as leaders in cancer microbiome space (melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer and renal cancer for instance).
What does the role entail?
* As part of the in vivo team, you’ll be a key player in the creation of in vivo pharmacology packages that support drug development programmes and to contribute to the development of a new class of medicines
* Aide in the development and running of animal models of disease for the evaluation of live bacterial medicines in the portfolio – this will be supporting the lead programmes in immuno-oncology and ulcerative colitis and developing new therapeutic areas such as autoimmunity and metabolic diseases
* Through cutting edge research in microbiome therapeutics, support the lead programmes in Immuno-Oncology and Ulcerative Colitis, as well as developing new Therapeutic area
* Maintain knowledge of and developments in immunology and microbiome biology
* PhD in a biological discipline or similar level of experience
* Strong background in mouse models of human disease, ideally within the fields of immunology/autoimmunity or immune-oncology
* Good knowledge and skills in deep profiling endpoints to evaluate disease mechanism; such as FACS or transcriptomics
* Holder of a Personal Home Office License and experience in an animal facility
* Experience in ex vivo and in vitro cell assays
* Experience of working with germ free mice
* Experience in testing of novel therapeutic agents in animal models
What can you expect?
* A competitive starting salary
* Flexibility in working hours as much as possible
* Pension contributions
* Life & Health insurance
* 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Pathways for career progression
* Ongoing commitment to training
Please select your CV
Apply for position
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your CV and we will be sure to consider you. If you would like to speak to us directly then please call on 0161 236 8200.
bottom of page