Junior Software Engineer
Competitive, Great. Benefits
Junior Software Engineer. Fareham. Permanent.
My client is a global FinTech company with an excellent reputation. Within the group they have a specialised R&D team based in Fareham, Hampshire which is where this role will be based out of.
The company are looking for a junior software engineer to join the team at this exciting time.
A small branch which carries R&D into new system designs - mechanical, electronic and software. The team currently has 12 predominantly technical people. A real team spirit ethos has been fostered, so the successful candidates can expect to join a nice, harmonious environment conducive to doing good work in a pleasant place.
To specify, design, implement and test embedded, real-time control system software and PC platform Windows based applications.
After a period of acclimitisation and training (fully funded) , the successful candidate will be involved in a number of key activities such as;
- The design and specification of new applications as part of an agile development cycle
- Modifying and extending existing applications and development of new applications
- Creating, modifying and extending embedded DSP software applications.
- Investigating reported faults and bugs and implementing fixes/solutions.
- To support the behaviour of working as a team, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Good knowledge of one of, C/C++ or C#
- Knowledge of development for embedded platforms
- PC Application development for Windows
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented techniques
- Knowledge of embedded development for ARM-based platforms
- Knowledge of hardware interfaces
- DSP platforms
- Signal processing/image processing algorithms
- Real-time embedded control systems
The successful candidates can expect comprehensive training, an excellent salary and some industry-leading benefits including 34 days holiday, health insurance, life insurance and generous pension contributions. The company also offer outstanding opportunities for further career progression to ensure that potential is continually rewarded and that a person’s contribution is reflect in her or his career.
Please select your CV