Scientific Media Assistant
Competitive Salary and Good Benefits
Scientific Media Assistant: Cambridge
My client is a pioneering BioTech company involved in the exploration of microbiomes for treatments in illnesses such as IBD and Immuno-Oncology. With clinical trials planned in the near future this is a very exciting time in this area of BioTech.
As a result of expansion plans, a Scientific Media Assistant is being sought to join the team. This is a crucial team-based role with variety and the chance to get exposure to some genuinely exciting and groundbreaking therapeutic areas.
What does the Role entail?
* Preparation and delivery/execution of media, buffers and solutions – undertaking the preparation of buffers, solutions and microbiological media / agar plates
* The accurate recording of formulations and assisting scientists in the formulation of bespoke media.
* Operating the autoclaves and ensuring the media area is kept clean and compliant with health and safety regulations
* The assist in the Laboratory Operations so as to ensure the smooth running of the Lab and Lab processes – such as with the pH meter and waterbath and including care, cleaning and collaboration checks.
* Assisting in the collection and disposal of biological and chemical waste in a safe and compliant manner.
* ONC / HNC in Microbiology and / or relevant Scientific Laboratory experience.
* Strong knowledge in aseptic technique
* High level of attention to detail
* Good problem-solving ability
* An effective team-player and able to multi-task
* Previous experience in Category 2 / CL2 Laboratories
* Solid experience in media preparation
What can you Expect?
* A competitive starting salary
* Opportunities for progression
* Pension contributions
* Life & Health insurance
* 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Please select your CV