top of page
Process Development Research Scientist
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits
Process Development Research Scientist: Cambridge
As a result of continued investment and demand, an exciting biotechnology company situated in Cambridge, is looking for a Process Development Research Scientist.
Long since established as a leader in the field of biotechnology in relation to antibacterial resistance, they have developed a unique, cutting-edge platform which is forming the basis for a new generation of antibiotics.
This role would be suitable for someone with high-level qualifications in Biological Sciences looking for a new challenge and prospects for career growth.
For candidates looking to join an upwardly mobile and ambitious Scientific business this represents an excellent opportunity.
* Preparation of media, buffers, reagents and equipment as required.
*Carry out upstream development in flasks and bioreactors, understanding bacterial cell behaviour to improve product yield and impurity profile.
* Perform routine fermentation and clarification to generate material for downstream process development and animal studies.
* Assist in troubleshooting upstream related issues when required.
* Perform QC analysis on in-process samples to monitor impurities.
* Assist in downstream process development as and when required.
* Record experiments, analyse results, write reports and present them in a timely manner.
Experience / Knowledge Sought;
* Qualifications in a discipline such as Biological Science, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry
* Working knowledge with bacterial fermentation, cell cultures, cell banking
* Experience with purification techniques (could be Crossflow, TFF or similar)
* Experience with AKTA#39&s and Unicorn Software is highly desirable
* Some commercial experience
* Experience training and leading a team
The successful candidate will first and foremost be a valued part of the team and be part of a culture wherein everyone is treated equally and respectfully.
You can expect a competitive starting salary, strong benefits - including share options and private health, and regular opportunities for career progression. You’ll also receive a generous holiday allowance and ongoing training as well as regular opportunities for career progression.
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your CV and we will be sure to consider you. If you would like to speak to us directly then please call on 0161 236 8200.
bottom of page