Process Development Research Scientist
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits
Process Development Research Scientist: Cambridge
As a result of continued investment and demand, an exciting biotechnology company situated in Cambridge, is looking for a Process Development Research Scientist.
Long since established as a leader in the field of biotechnology in relation to antibacterial resistance, they have developed a unique, cutting-edge platform which is forming the basis for a new generation of antibiotics.
This role would be suitable for someone with high-level qualifications in Biological Sciences looking for a new challenge and prospects for career growth.
For candidates looking to join an upwardly mobile and ambitious Scientific business this represents an excellent opportunity.
* Preparation of media, buffers, reagents and equipment as required.
*Carry out upstream development in flasks and bioreactors, understanding bacterial cell behaviour to improve product yield and impurity profile.
* Perform routine fermentation and clarification to generate material for downstream process development and animal studies.
* Assist in troubleshooting upstream related issues when required.
* Perform QC analysis on in-process samples to monitor impurities.
* Assist in downstream process development as and when required.
* Record experiments, analyse results, write reports and present them in a timely manner.
Experience / Knowledge Sought;
* Qualifications in a discipline such as Biological Science, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry
* Working knowledge with bacterial fermentation, cell cultures, cell banking
* Experience with purification techniques (could be Crossflow, TFF or similar)
* Experience with AKTA#39&s and Unicorn Software is highly desirable
* Some commercial experience
* Experience training and leading a team
The successful candidate will first and foremost be a valued part of the team and be part of a culture wherein everyone is treated equally and respectfully.
You can expect a competitive starting salary, strong benefits - including share options and private health, and regular opportunities for career progression. You’ll also receive a generous holiday allowance and ongoing training as well as regular opportunities for career progression.
Please select your CV