top of page
Business Systems Transformation Manager
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, Career Progression
Business Systems Transformation Manager: 3-year Fixed Term Contract
+ Join an interesting, research led organisation
+ Immediate start option possible
+ Competitive Salary
+ Good Benefits
About the Company;
Based in Norwich, they partner with leading international and UK Scientific establishments to provide non-scientific services which support the Scientific efforts of the companies they partner with. The result is that life-changing Scientific breakthroughs are enabled and results that impact the real world are delivered.
The company currently employs around 150 people and the hiring for a Business Systems Transformation Manager is for the busy computing department.
About the Role;
The Business Systems Transformation Manager will play a key role in leading the review, planning, and implementation of new integrated systems for HR, Finance, and other business functions. You#39&ll be working collaboratively with the HR and Finance Heads/team members, as well as other senior level Management teams and end users to provide an excellent business systems environment meeting current and future needs.
The primary objective of this role is to drive the transformation of existing business systems to enhance operational efficiency, improve data integrity, and streamline processes across the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the current state of systems, identifying gaps and opportunities, and driving the implementation of new, integrated systems where appropriate.
* Conduct a comprehensive review of existing HR, Finance and other business systems to identify strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement (25%)
* Develop a roadmap and strategy for business systems transformation, aligning with organisational goals and priorities. Collaborate with key stakeholders, to gather requirements and understand system needs; therein prioritising systems for retention, replacement or redevelopment (25%)
* Identify and recommend appropriate solutions to meet organisational requirements. As part of this, you#39&ll plan and execute the implementation of new or redeveloped systems. In doing so, you#39&ll coordinate with internal teams and external vendors to ensure smooth implementation and integration of new systems; ensuring excellent change management with effective communication, training and stakeholder engagement skills (20%)
* Manage/supervise other members of the team - you#39&ll be providing expertise and guidance in the areas of business and information systems, database design and application development (10%)
* Manage and oversee support of the existing business systems#39& codebase and databases, including essential upgrades (10%)
* Define standards and maintain industry best practices in areas of responsibilities; including data governance, integrity, privacy and security (5%)
* Data manipulation and transformation (5%)
Experience / Skills sought;
* Knowledge of data governance, privacy regulations, and information securities best practices
* Analytical mindset with strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
* Good knowledge and understanding of HR, Finance and other business systems and processes
* Change management expertise, including experience in driving organisational change and user adoption
* Experience in systems analysis and implementation
* Project Management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience leading business systems transformation / implementation projects
* Experience leading organisational business systems change
* Systems Analysis experience
* Ability to motivate, manage and support the development of team members, including objective setting and reviews
* SQL database design, implementation and administration (desirable)
* Knowledge of back-end processes of HR, Payroll and finance systems (desirable)
What#39&s on Offer;
You can expect a competitive salary, in the region of £55,000 - £64,000 per year. In addition, you#39&ll receive good benefits, access to a range of free-to-use onsite facilities, including a swimming pool, gym, football pitches and tennis courts and free parking. And you#39&ll also get very generous pension contributions, generous holidays (25 days, rising to 27), opportunities for training and strong career progression prospects.
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page