Competitive Salary, Great Benefits
Microbiology Manager: Cambridge
As a result of continued investment and demand, an exciting biotechnology company situated in Cambridge, is looking for a Microbiology Manager.
Long since established as a leader in the field of biotechnology in relation to antibacterial resistance, they have developed a unique, cutting-edge platform which is forming the basis for a new generation of antibiotics.
This role would be suitable for someone with high-level qualifications in Biological Sciences looking for a new challenge and prospects for career growth.
For candidates looking to join an upwardly mobile and ambitious Scientific business this represents an excellent opportunity.
The successful candidate will come from a background in a Biological Science and will have experience in the fields of environmental / clinical microbiology and / or bacteriophage biology research.
* Management of microbiology-based research projects
* Supervision of a small, experienced team of research scientists
* Design, development and validation of analytical assays
* Development and application of microbiological assays for rapid screening of potential drug candidates
* Development and application of company SOPs.
* Data management and data quality control
Experience / Knowledge Sought;
* Qualifications in a discipline such as Biological Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Bacteriophage.
* Some experience in leadership / training / mentoring positions
* The ability to manage multiple microbiology projects
* Excellent understanding of GLP
The successful candidate will first and foremost be a valued part of the team and be part of a culture wherein everyone is treated equally and respectfully.
You can expect a competitive starting salary, strong benefits - including share options and private health, and regular opportunities for career progression. You’ll also receive a generous holiday allowance and ongoing training as well as regular opportunities for career progression.
Please select your CV