Senior Assay Scientist
Based in Wetherby our client is developing a range of bio-therapeutics to help meet the demand of the next generation of drugs to compete with monoclonal antibodies. Their technology is a novel protein scaffold based on a human protease inhibitor and offers key benefits such as smaller size, ease of formatting, and high expression yields.
More recently, they’ve been working on very exciting projects towards the pandemic we’re facing, COVID-19.
Due to a period of growth, they’re now looking to bring in a Senior Scientist, for their Assay Team.
The team is responsible for the development and execution of methods to QC input materials to the candidate discovery for their technology, and the downstream characterisation of candidates in a range of biological assays.
The Senior Assay Scientist will also be expected to act as a customer-facing technical lead, as part of both external and internal projects, to use their technical expertise to design assays for both target and their technology characterisation to allow successful project execution.
What will you do?
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform routine molecular techniques for QC of targets before phage display.
• Design, develop and validate assays including sandwich ELISA, agglutination assays, LFD assays, cell binding, and cell-based activity assays for characterisation.
• Evaluation of assay requirements, timelines, quality, and accuracy of the experimental data produced.
• Comply with existing Standard Operating Procedures and validate new methods.
• Line Management of Research Associates and or Scientists.
What do you need?
• Ph.D. + 2 years or more working in the field of Biotechnology or MSc + 4 years or more working in the field of Biotechnology, or 6 years or more working in the field of Biotechnology.
• Strong technical skills including demonstrable experience in several of the following: ELISA, LFD, cell culture, flow cytometry, polyclonal and monoclonal antibody production, and validation, protein-protein interaction techniques, protein engineering and analysis, molecular biology.
• Demonstrated ability to develop target binding (e.g. ELISA, LFD, Agglutination) and phenotypic based assays (phosphorylation, cell proliferation, etc.) using a range of techniques (e.g. Western blot, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, and IHC).
• Experience of assay development in a commercial/CRO environment.
• Line management experience and mentoring/technical training of other members of staff
• Working knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Laboratory Quality Systems
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Coupled with fantastic benefits, the family felt team and a fast-paced innovative environment this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to become an integral member of their team.
If you’re hungry for an innovative, friendly, fast-paced environment then get in touch ASAP.
**Please note, this client is still actively recruiting, and onboarding remotely**
Max File Size 15MB