Electronic Engineer - Contract
Senior Electronic Engineer: Fareham
My client is a global company with an excellent reputation. They are specialists in providing hardware and software solutions to commercial and central banks all over thew world. Within the group they have a specialised R&D team based in Fareham, Hampshire. Owing to expansion the team is looking for a Senior Electronic Engineer.
Whilst the company employees in the region of 500 people, the Fareham branch is smaller by comparison and carries out R&D into new system designs - mechanical, electronic and software. A really healthy and harmonious team spirit and ethos has been fostered, so the successful candidate can expect to join an environment conducive to doing good work in a pleasant atmosphere.
In a nutshell, you#39&ll be responsible for specifying, designing, implementing and testing electronic systems to support bank note sorting machine control systems and feature detectors in analogue and digital domains. The role itself is a combination of carrying out R&D work on brand new products as well as enhancing features on existing products. The position is a diverse and varied one and is primarily hands-on. However, there will be scope for mentoring junior engineers if you#39&re interested in this.
What the role entails;
- Schematic design entry using Orcad, Altium and other tools as may be required for legacy designs
- Interfacing with external design house for outsourced PCB layout tasks.
- Simple PCB layout tasks where appropriate using Orcad layout tools
- Specification of electronic systems and generation of requirements, design and test documents.
- Creation of test specifications for new PCB designs to enable required functionality coverage of PCBs in production.
- Design across analogue, digital and power domains.
- Design, fitting, verification and testing of FPGA implementations.
- Low-level coding in C/C++
What You#39&ll Get;
* Competitve Day Rate
* Opportunities for extensions and/or becoming permanent if desired.
* A friendly, relaxed environment tailored to suit you
* Flexible working hours
Please select your CV