top of page
Electronic Engineer - Contract
Senior Electronic Engineer: Fareham
My client is a global company with an excellent reputation. They are specialists in providing hardware and software solutions to commercial and central banks all over thew world. Within the group they have a specialised R&D team based in Fareham, Hampshire. Owing to expansion the team is looking for a Senior Electronic Engineer.
Whilst the company employees in the region of 500 people, the Fareham branch is smaller by comparison and carries out R&D into new system designs - mechanical, electronic and software. A really healthy and harmonious team spirit and ethos has been fostered, so the successful candidate can expect to join an environment conducive to doing good work in a pleasant atmosphere.
In a nutshell, you#39&ll be responsible for specifying, designing, implementing and testing electronic systems to support bank note sorting machine control systems and feature detectors in analogue and digital domains. The role itself is a combination of carrying out R&D work on brand new products as well as enhancing features on existing products. The position is a diverse and varied one and is primarily hands-on. However, there will be scope for mentoring junior engineers if you#39&re interested in this.
What the role entails;
- Schematic design entry using Orcad, Altium and other tools as may be required for legacy designs
- Interfacing with external design house for outsourced PCB layout tasks.
- Simple PCB layout tasks where appropriate using Orcad layout tools
- Specification of electronic systems and generation of requirements, design and test documents.
- Creation of test specifications for new PCB designs to enable required functionality coverage of PCBs in production.
- Design across analogue, digital and power domains.
- Design, fitting, verification and testing of FPGA implementations.
- Low-level coding in C/C++
What You#39&ll Get;
* Competitve Day Rate
* Opportunities for extensions and/or becoming permanent if desired.
* A friendly, relaxed environment tailored to suit you
* Flexible working hours
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you. Please send us a copy of your CV and we will be sure to consider you. If you would like to speak to us directly then please call on 0161 236 8200.
bottom of page