top of page
Head of R&D (Toxicology)
Competitive Salary, hybrid working, part-time hours considered
Head of R&D (Toxicology)
My client is a well-established scientific company specialising in drug, alcohol, DNA and health testing. They are currently looking for a new addition to the team to head up the R&D function of the toxicology function.
The role in a nutshell;
To deliver a pipeline of scientific projects in support of the company’s commercial strategy. You#39&ll be working with techniques of immunoassay, LLE, SLE, and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS-MS), QTOF, to a legally defensible standard.
In addition, you#39&ll be supporting the maintenance of ISO 17025, ISO 9001, Lab 51, RISQS and other external accreditations by optimising the team’s quality of science.
* Developing and driving through a pipeline of scientific projects- commercial and method development, which support achievement of the company’s overall direction
* Lead a team of scientists to deliver projects
* Recruitment, training, and development of the team of scientists to produce a resilient team skilled to meet demands
* Full line management responsibility for the technical team, including appraisals, performance and absence management etc
* Gain an understanding competitor capability, and identifying future opportunities in the sector
* Keep abreast of new and emerging products available on the market, whether scientific equipment, software, etc, which could be used to improve efficiency or effectiveness or develop new services
* Involvement in external expert toxicology groups and attendance at relevant conferences
* Responsible for tracking and monitoring rework rates and identification of improvements to reduce these, reporting the KPIs to the Head of Toxicology
* Embed a culture of Continuous Improvement and drive implementation of changes
* Investigate Technical quality incidents and near misses, liaising with other teams where necessary
* Expertise in toxicology
* Solid experience in a method development or R&D management role
* Project management experience, able to use project tools and produce and monitor progress against plans
* Dynamic, able to drive through deliverables in the timescales required by the business
* Organised, able to juggle multiple competing demands
* Experience in an ISO 17025 environment and ideally experience of RISQS accreditation
* Up to date with industry and market development
* Takes ownership of issues and problems
* Able to manage change effectively in a highly dynamic environment
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
What#39&s on offer;
* Very competitive package with relocation expenses considered
* Hybrid working option
* Part-time and full-time hours considered
* 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Pension scheme
* Medical cash plan
* Employee assistance programme
* On-going training and development
* Free on-site parking
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page