Product Owner (R&D)
Very compettive, Great Benefits
Product Owner (R&D): Shropshire. Part-Remote.
(visa sponsorship provided)
My client is a hugely successful Life Sciences company. Whilst they are a global business, the great thing about working for them is that it doesn#39&t feel like you are just a number. They have won numerous awards for employee engagement and satisfaction and above all else are known for treating people equally.
As a result of continued expansion, they are embarking upon a recruitment drive to hire several talented technology professionals. A Product Owner is being sought as part of this growth and to play a key role in delivering new software products to automate Laboratory processes.
Working as part of a new team, you#39&ll play a leading role in helping to define the next generation technology of digital and automated solutions in laboratory environments.
The heart of the role is taking product ownership for the analytical laboratory workflow / platform components and generate epics and user stories based on product requirements with Agile/Scrum methodologies to design scalable software products.
Experience / Knowledge Sought;
* A degree in Sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Biomedical sciences or similar) or alternatively in Computer Science/Software Engineering with an experience in an Analytical Laboratory environment.
* Experience in a similar role with the ability to add value to the business; analytical lab techniques, customer and software workflows, IT infrastructure and laboratory software components (SDMS, LIMS, ELN etc.)
* Experience in writing epics and user stories for Software development
* Formal training or experience in Agile-/Scrum software development for products and applications.
* IT savvy with a basic knowledge of software or programming and web technology in a broader sense.
* Understanding of a GMP regulated laboratory
* Basic familiarity with Docker /Containerization SW Technology, Bus-Technology, Web Technologies (HTML5 Java Script, Angular) and Linux.
Based South Shropshire, the area is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. In addition, the housing costs are lower than the national average whilst there are several schools (primary and secondary) which have achieved outstanding status with Ofsted. South Shropshire really is a beautiful place to live and work!
What#39&s on Offer;
In addition to a highly competitive starting salary, which is reviewed yearly, you#39&ll also receive a bonus, double matched pension contributions, life insurance, health insurance and a range of other benefits. You#39&ll get 33 days holiday (including bank) and be able to work from home 2-3 days per week.
Please select your CV