top of page
Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, Opportunities to Progress
Quality Manager: Bedford
* Join a world-leading company
* Interesting work in a great environment
* Regular Opportunities for progression
* Immediate start available if desired
My client - a global environment chemistry company - is actively seeking a Quality Manager This role promises to be interesting, engaging and high in job satisfaction.
The position is based out of state-of-the-art Laboratory facilities in Bedford.
The lab is a large, modern and purpose built, accommodating over 60 staff. It is equipped with high specification LCMS/MS and GCMS/MS instrumentation and automated sample preparation robotics, delivering emerging contaminant analysis at trace levels in water, food, environmental and biological matrices.
Overall, the company has 3 laboratories and hold ISO 17025, MCERTs accreditation. They are GLP compliant across a wide range of testing capabilities and are a market leader in the field of trace organic analysis and emerging contaminants.
As the Quality Manager. You’ll be responsible for the daily management of an expanding fast paced laboratory reporting, directly to the Operational Director.
Your primary focus will be ensuring all laboratory activities are carried out in a manner that complies with ISO 17025.
Working as part of a team, you#39&ll be engaged in the following activities:-
* Lead the Quality Section to ensure that the laboratory performs its work in line with its Quality Management System (QMS).
* Primary contact point for UKAS on all aspects of our ISO17025 accreditation, including extension to scope visits and annual inspection visits
* Maintain the Laboratory’s internal audit schedule, ensuring that internal audits are carried out in a timely fashion
* Manage the CAPA process to ensure timely clearance of actions raised
* Assess method validation and statistical calculations of analytical methods
* Manage the customer feedback procedure and non-conformity investigations
* Manage the internal and external quality control and all aspects of the document control process
* Ensure that maintenance and calibration records are maintained accurately
Experience / Knowledge sought;
* BSc in Chemistry or similar scientific subject with extensive experience in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory
* Practical experience working in a Quality role in an accredited analytical laboratory
* Experience conducting ISO17025 internal audits (IRCA ISO 17025 Internal Auditor Certificate)
* Comprehensive understanding of Quality Control/Quality Assurance processes and their importance within a laboratory environment
* Familiar with all aspects of the Quality Manual UKAS (ISO17025 and MCERTS) requirements
* A proven ability to work with minimal supervision and be able to prioritise workloads, in order to meet deadlines
* Good time management skills, attention to detail and ability to cope under pressure
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of LEAN and continuous improvement experience
What#39&s on offer;
Working as part of this world-leading company, you can expect a competitive starting salary and regular opportunities for progression - including pay rises at least once per year. In addition, you can expect generous holidays, pension contributions and a range of benefits designed to maximse your health and wellbeing.
If you feel that you have the required experience for the position we would love to hear from you so please email us a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Whilst we would like to respond to each application individually, we often receive over 200 applications per role and doing so is not feasible unfortunately. That said we are happy to be "pursued" if you feel strongly on the matter so be persistent and we will do our best to reply!
bottom of page