Laboratory Operations Technician
**Please note, this client is still actively recruiting and onboarding remotely**
My client is a specialist biopharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases, including infections, autoimmune disorders, and cancer.
Their novel, class-leading platform enables precise and large-scale identification of gut bacteria associated with health or disease, enabling the design of novel medicines and biomarkers based on live bacteria.
The company has a pipeline of live bacterial products for C. Difficile, ulcerative colitis, and cancer, which will be progressed to the clinic. They’ve also recently signed a collaboration to develop microbiome co-therapeutics and biomarkers for cancer patients receiving checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
Having recently moved, they are now looking for an organised, and proactive Laboratory Operations Technician to join their Laboratory Operations team.
What will you do?
• The coordination of the day-to-day laboratory requirements of all research and development teams to ensure optimum use of space and equipment
• The day-to-day coordination of the Laboratory Operations & Media Assistant for the delivery of all laboratory media requirements
• Assist with laboratory operations within the company and with external suppliers/contractors as required
• Compliance with, and enforcement of, all laboratory health and safety regulations, supporting the Lab Manager
• Monitor: gas levels, the freezer room, liquid nitrogen dewars
What do you need?
• BSc in Microbiology/related degree
• Relevant scientific laboratory experience
• Work experience in CL2 laboratory
• Biological Safety containment
• Media preparation
• Aseptic technique and manual dexterity
Some experience in writing protocols, risk assessments and COSHH would be highly advantageous.
Coupled with a competitive salary and family feel working environment it’s an exciting time to join a fast-growing Biotech at the forefront of novel medicines. Get in touch ASAP for a confidential conversation.
Max File Size 15MB